General

Serif · Sans-Serif · Italic · Letterbats · Initials · Small Caps

Size

Poster · Display · Headlines · Text · Small Text · Captions

Weight

Hairline · Thin · Light · Regular · Medium · Bold · Heavy · Black · Fat

Width

Monospaced · Ultra Narrow · Extra Narrow · Narrow · Wide · Extra Wide · Ultra Wide

Occasion

Weddings · Baby Showers · Birthdays · Parties · Tattoos

Holidays

Christmas · Hanukkah · Valentine's Day · St. Patrick's Day · Easter · Halloween ·

Decade

1990s · 1980s · 1970s · 1960s · 1950s · 1940s · 1930s · 1920s · 1910s · 1900s · 1890s ·

Foreign Imitation

African · Alien · Arabic · Asian · Greek · Mexican · Runic · Russian ·

Yesteryear

Retro · Vintage · Typewriter · Art Deco · Antique · Art Nouveau · Medieval · Blackletter · Old English

Modern

Techno · Futuristic · Science-Fiction · Digital · LCD · Blocky · Geometric · Stenciled · Neon · Hard to Read

Style

3d · Chunky · Comic · Calligraphy · Cute · Decorative · Fancy · Distorted · Grungy · Eroded · Outlined · Contoured · Multi-linear · Filled · Pixel · Warped

Mood

Quirky · Girly · Scary · Romantic · Groovy · Funky · Hot · Cold

Handwriting

Cursive · Script · Feminine · Masculine · Formal · Informal · Messy · Neat · Scribbled · Brushed · Graffiti ·

Theme

Famous · Brandname · Army · Wild West · Circus · TV · Movies · Music · Athletics · Varsity · Sports

Dingbats

Icons · Borders · Frames · Animals · People · Flowers · Hearts · Food ·

Special

Free Fonts for Commercial Use · New & Fresh Fonts · Most Popular Fonts · Alphabetic Fonts · Largest Font Families · Trending Fonts
Hello, you seem to have JavaScript turned off. Please enable it to use the advanced features of this website.

Dear Joe Font

aimee
aimee
Fri, 24 Oct 2008 03:28:56 +0200

I want to put Dear Joe on my editor for my website so that my customers who personalize their cards can use it. Do I need to buy the font, or do something special? Can you please help. Thank you!

cvc
cvc
Fri, 24 Oct 2008 05:18:42 +0200

Did you read the .txt file that comes with the font? It states pretty clearly that you need permission to use the font for anything besides personal use.

"the JOEBOB graphics fonts are all freeware for personal use, but if you want to use them for commercial purposses, you have to notice me and/ or send an example of the work you've used them for.

Only exceptions are the 'dearJoe' fonts, which are shareware; you can download them for free to check them out, but if you want to
use 'em, you'll have to pay for a users-liscence. You can also ask me about the pro-versions of these fonts.

Even though I make these font available as freeware for personal use, they may not be re-distributed on any media, they may not be sold, they may not be renamed or converted and they may not be made available for download on any web page/ftp site without my permission."

aimee
aimee
Sat, 25 Oct 2008 04:35:41 +0200

Perfect. This is what I was trying to figure out. Can you give me the details about your pro-version or paying for a user license. We love this font.
Thank you for getting back to me so quickly.

cvc
cvc
Sat, 25 Oct 2008 05:25:27 +0200

Sorry, I'm not the font-maker.

Here's what I'd suggest:

Download the "Dear Joe" font.

Inside the zip file there is a .txt file that specifies the terms of use that I quoted from earlier.

There's an email address and a web address for the font creator, you can try contacting him either of those ways.

aimee
aimee
Sat, 25 Oct 2008 17:22:24 +0200

You're awesome.
Thanks!